- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart
Friday, 11 February 2011
A first glimpse
What Ian is doing is so amazing. To let us into the process is a great privilege. I know when I am writing how I like to keep things to myself until I am happy about showing my ideas to a wider audience. It is as if he is opening his heart to us: making himself vulnerable and open. Perhaps this is fitting for an icon of the Sacred Heart. I think that I now grasp the idea of making an icon as a spiritual process as well as an artistic process. I think the basic structure captures the idea of a divine centre: it has a sense of Christ as a powerful attractor whose love is pulling us in - like gravity. The circle within a circle works well - and I get a sense of the energy pulsing from the heart. What a start!
Posted by DWP at 22:44