- What is the devotion to the Sacred Heart about?
- Visit Elias Icons
- The icon and the angels and saints explained
- Lettering in the icon
- **Contact David**
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Blessed John Paul and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard: an introduction
- Teilhard's Litany
- Blessed John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart
Visit Elias Icons
It consumed a lot of energy and time, but it was great to have David's keen work in running this blog and contributing so many aspects of the devotion and its theological background. This was invaluable, and also meant that the contact between me as the iconographer and David as the person commissioning it has been unusually close and collaborative which made it a very satisfying, if at times a demanding, process.
You can see more of my work and details of courses, events, reviews etc at my website, www.eliasicons.co.uk.
Follwing these links will let you see some more details of my work in Jordan at Anjara and Naur.
For those of you interested in the origins of Christian iconography, you can read some of my research based on my observations out in the Holy Land: Origins of Christian Iconography and some implications of that for Palestinian Christians on page 16 of this edition of Cornerstone.