I am running an icon course for beginners at the Greek Catholic monastery in Bethlehem, the Holy Land, from April 29th - May 6th 2011 and have some spare places. The cost is very cheap, just £320 for full board, ensuite single rooms and full time tuition for 7 days. Some materials are included, but all can be provided for an extra £80. You just need to get there!
I thought some of you following this blog might want to try icon painting (or writing to use the technical term) and what better opportunity that to do so in a living Byzantine monastic community overlooking the church where Jesus was born and the wonderful vista of the Judean desert and the Jordanian mountains?
For further details and booking form pls see my website under 'Bethlehem Icon School'
- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart