- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart
Tuesday, 19 July 2011
The veiled icon
Ian, how very strange. And no, you could not make this up. Just read your blog. Today, off and on, have been reading chapter 6 of Henri Lubac's book The Eternal Feminine - which is a study of Teilhard's thoughts on the the feminine. And the title of the chapter - ' The Veiled Virgin'. I was reading this in preparation for some comments on Our Lady later on. The idea of the veil just kept getting in the way today. I was getting rather irritated!! And then I read your blog. It is obvious that a veil needs to be drawn. And people think computers are just stupid. Out of the mouths of babes and laptops....Just do what an iconographer gotta do. As for me, you have given me so much to think about! But then again, I don't think I am thinking, per se. I am just following a cord, a thread - a melody. So, one candle for you and one for the laptop!!
Posted by DWP at 22:08