Looked at the latest work on the icon last night and continue to amazed at how the layers of meaning are unfolding. The gravitational energy waves in particular are very evocative and will be even more so when the cross is completed. Most of all, of course, I am drawn to the face of Christ and especially His eyes. Spent today -off and on - just being silent. The reading from Paul's Letter to the Romans (8: 26-27) in today's mass was thus very fitting.
The Spirit comes to help us in our weakness. For when we cannot choose words in order to pray properly, the Spirit expresses our plea in a way that could never be put into words, and God who knows everything in our hearts knows perfectly well what he means...
I think an icon can help us to pray without words.
- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart