Thursday 23 June 2011

June Prayers to the Sacred Heart ( 14) St Josemaria's writing prayer.


Thinking of Ian writing the icon has just made me realize the relevance of a little prayer which we find in St. Josemaria Escriva’s wonderful book Camino. (The Way) ( Spanish/ English edition published by Gracewing, 2002) I have found this book a treasury of prayer and wisdom.


This my prayer for today.





882.- Cuando quieres hacer las cosas bien, muy bien, resulta que las haces peor. -Humíllate delante de Jesús, diciéndole: ¿has visto cómo todo lo hago mal? -Pues, si no me ayudas mucho, ¡aún lo haré peor!



Ten compasión de tu niño: mira que quiero escribir cada día una gran plana en el libro de mi vida... Pero, ¡soy tan rudo!, que si el Maestro no me lleva la mano, en lugar de palotes esbeltos salen de mi pluma cosas retorcidas y borrones que no pueden enseñarse a nadie.



Desde ahora, Jesús, escribiremos siempre entre los dos.





In English:

When you want to do things well, really well, it turns out that you do them worse. – Humble yourself before Jesus and say to him: Don’t you see how badly I do everything ? -Well, if you don’t help me a lot, I’ll do it even worse!


Have pity on your child: you see, I want to write a big page each day in the book of my life…But I am so clumsy!, that if the Master doesn’t guide my hand, instead of graceful strokes, my pen leaves behind blots and scrawls that can’t be shown to anyone.

From now on Jesus, we’ll always do the writing together.


That is my prayer when I write: ‘Come on Lord, let us do the writing together. I am pretty useless on my own!’

'Desde ahora, Jesús, escribiremos siempre entre los dos.' Sounds a good prayer for all iconographers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment