In 1955 Teilhard was living in exile in New York. He was 73 years old and, as Mary and Ellen Lukas (Teilhard, : A biography, 1977) recount, by the April of that year he was becoming ‘ unusually restless’ and yearning for some kind of affirmation of his life’s work.
If only, he remarked to several people, God would put some seal of approbation on his life, even though he himself would never live to see his work published. How splendid if, for instance , he should die on Good Friday..or better still, on Easter Day. (Lukas and Lukas, 324)
On Easter day, ( April 10th ) 1955 Pierre Teilhard de Chardin SJ died of a cerebral haemorrhage.
- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart