- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
I came across this excellent graphic (on a website for a church in Austin Texas HERE) which nicely combines the the sign of the cross made with the ashes and the symbol of the heart. I don't know who designed it, but it is a very good image to use when reflecting on the meaning of the day and of the Lenten journey. The cross made of ashes appears on our heads but it must over the coming days penetrate into the very centre and core of who we are. It leaves a black stain on our forehead, but its purpose is to remind us to purify our hearts by becoming more and more like the Heart of Jesus.
Posted by DWP at 22:14