It was appropriate that the blessing of the icon took place in the last week of Advent. Our parish priest did the honours and afterwards we had an excellent supper to celebrate. It was a simple, but moving little ceremony which meant so much our family. We asked God to: 'Bless and make holy this icon created in honour and in remembrance of Your Sacred Heart. [And to] Sanctify all who come before it in prayer.'
And this line captured for us what the icon is ultimately is for: to act as a focus for prayer for all those who call upon the Lord in true faith and with a pure heart.
With the icon now blessed it feels somehow far more part of the family!
- The devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Visit Elias Icons
- Description : angels saints &lettering.
- Contact Blog
- Praying with the Icon
- Who was Teilhard de Chardin?
- Benedict XVI and the Sacred Heart
- Basil Hume and Teilhard
- Popes and Evolution
- Benedict XVI and Teilhard
- Teilhard's Litany and Henri Pinta's painting
- Saint John Paul and the Sacred Heart
- Sacred Heart fresco, Paray-le-Monial
- Félix Villé 's Sacred Heart